Thursday, December 02, 2004

14th street is gonna drown...


I've had that Nada Surf song, Blonde on Blonde, stuck in my head all morning. It's nice. I downloaded it off one on those Filter Mag sidebar thingies you're starting to see pop up on the blogs. Clever little tool. You can also 'Right-Click, Save' it here. Enjoy, it's one of my favs of the moment. Their acoustic set at Mercury Lounge with The Wrens was one of my top shows of the year, but I realized I don't think I could name or recognize more than a small handful of their songs...So I'm listening to Nada Surf all morning on Rhapsody to try and make up for that. They're a very good band.

I downloaded a handful of Out Hud tracks last night, and liked what I heard. Really looking forward to the show Saturday night. They also have the best song titles I've seen since Brand New. "Dad, There's a Little Phrase Called Too Much Information" and "The L Train is a Swell Train and I Don't Want to Hear You Indies Complain" are two of the best. On a related note, the Dec. 30th !!! show has been updated on the Mercury Lounge website for $15, but no tickets, times, or supporting acts are available yet.

The Coachella lineup I posted a few days ago is apparently a hoax...but a pretty stupid hoax at that, since half those bands will surely play the festival anyway. It's like starting a rumor that I saw Chloë Sevigny standing outside of Max Fish last night. I didn't, but it's perfectly reasonable that I could have, and she probably was there anyway. So whatever...it's never too early to get excited for the summer festivals.

Happy Birthday Britney. Despite being almost exactly my age, you've lived a fraction of my life and 100 times my life all at the same time. Lord knows I thought I'd have a wife and a Greatest Hits album out by now...

I can't explain why, but I think the recent one-way AIM conversations between Gawker and Drudge is the funniest thing I've read all year. Kinda random, I know.

Finally, big TV week for Mormons...Utah Clinches a BCS bowl spot, Ken Jennings ends his Jeopardy streak, and The Killers are on The OC tonight. They will be performing three songs at the bait shop: Smile Like You Mean It, Everything Will Be Alright, and (I think) Mr. Brightside. I've been looking forward to this for a very long time.

8 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Paige said...

very very verrry good post!

did you like The Killers on The OC? I thought it was cool, but not enough! And I am going to download some Out Hud on your suggestion now...

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Curious to see what you think about Out Hud. It's different, that’s for sure...sort of like an indie jam band. They apparently kill live, so them playing in the city this weekend was my main motivation to try and get more into their stuff.

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff, could I ask if you are doing this all yourself or do you have a special website person creating all this for you? If it's you, I say wow and good job. Maybe you can give me some tips on my surfing video site if you have time. I don't know if you're interested in surfing video stuff, but it's 'the place' to go for that. Well, just though I'd drop by and say "YOU'RE AWESOME!!" and that you have a nice blog.

Seeeee ya later.

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff this is great!
It's funny how I was looking for this type of thing and found your post: this post. It pulled me right out of my researching on surfing video info and allowed me to sit down for a nice read. Thanks for your great job Jeff. I think I'll hang out on your blog for a while and be done with surfing video stuff for now. Have a good day Jeff.

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff, what are we going to do...? I'm not sure about you but it's getting harder and harder to enjoy my blog because of all the spam it's getting attacked with. You may be having a similar problem... I enjoy my normal site about surfing video because it doesn't get cluttered with shallow comments, but when I'm visiting other blogs and places on the web looking for surfing video stuff it seems to be everywhere.

Well, good luck with your website goals. I wish you the best.

 
At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff...
Somehow I landed on your blog when scowering the net for surfing dvds related information, and your post 'this post' grabbed me so I stopped to read. Now I'm glad I found you because I'm trying to improve my site about surfing dvds (don't blush :) and your blog here gave me some excellent ideas. Jeff you are a quality blogger and I'm learning some good stuff by being here.

Keep your rhythm and good content flowin ~ and good job Jeff.

 
At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff this is great!
It's funny how I was looking for this type of thing and found your post: this post. It pulled me right out of my researching on surf dvd info and allowed me to sit down for a nice read. Thanks for your great job Jeff. I think I'll hang out on your blog for a while and be done with surf dvd stuff for now. Have a good day Jeff.

 
At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Jeff,
Just to give you a heads up, you're probably going to get some more comments on this post: this post. I found you when I was out looking for surfing videos product info, and even though this doesn't relate to surfing videos, I still had to stop and tell you that you're doing a great job. You're about to get some visits from my brother and sister. I told them about your blog so I hope you don't mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home