Thursday, June 24, 2004

I have a real camera also...I swear...


via Cameraphone... Posted by Hello


I just never bring it when I need to.

I saw Keane today at the Megastore...and I have to admit they are growing on me. I still feel they are leagues away from Coldplay...actually remind me more of Crowded House to be honest. They are blowing up in the UK...#1 on the charts I hear...and tickets to see them tonight at the Knitting Factory were fetching upwards of $100 dollars each on craigslist...so I couldn't pass up a chance to see what they are all about.

I called up my mother to see if she was interested in checking them out...She had had a rough day, attending a friend's funeral, and I thought it would cheer her up. I was also curious to see her reaction to them...She has good tastes in music (was listening to U2 before anyone I knew)...and is always interested in what’s new. She liked them, but wasn't crazy for them either. I think they sound plain and consistent enough to appeal to a broad audience, but are talented enough to not scare off the musical purists. Much of the same appeal that Coldplay holds...but Coldplay is a much better band.

One final side note. Over the last week I've seen a number of new bands on the verge on blowing up. The Bravery has a way to go, and Franz Ferdinand may have already reached the top, but it's still exciting to see a new young band perform in a small venue...especially the way they act and interact with the crowd. To see Keane surprised by the small but interested crowd at Virgin, to the nervousness on the faces of The Bravery and The Killers setting up their equipment, it is really exciting to see a band who is still humbled by the terrifying procedure of putting on a live show. I hope for the best for all of them, and am thrilled to be a part of their growing process.

Here are some video clips of Keane (Check the bottom of their website to listen to the songs):

Keane - Somewhere Only We Know

Keane - This Is The Last Time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home